Pkg files are programs and application that you can be install on the PS3. The .pkg files usually install directly from XMB™, which is the PS3’s main menu. There are many different types of .pkg applications available for the PS3. For example: Back up managers, FTP servers, file explorers, games etc.
- Download the .pkg file you want to install onto the PS3.
- Insert the USB flash drive into PC.
- Format the USB flash drive to Fat32. (if it is not already formated to fat32 system).
- Copy the pkg file to the USB flash drive; directly to the USB flash drive,at the root of it. (That being the first window that shows after you acces the USB).
- Insert USB flash drive into the PS3.
- Select the “Install Package Files” option from the PS3 main menu.
- Select the .pkg file that is on the USB flash drive from the menu that comes up.
- Press the “O” button on the PS3 gamepad to go back to the PS3 main menu when the installation completes.